Weekday Beef Stew
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 4 circles. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 14-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, shred beef with 2 forks; transfer to a large saucepan. Add tomatoes, vegetables and pepper; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Ladle stew into 4 bowls; top each with a pastry round.
I don’t care if it’s quick, easy and most important good! I gave it a 4 star only because it was more than 5 ingredients. Thank you Daniel Anderson.
Quick, easy and delicious. Good for those busy weeknights.