Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese are the ultimate delicious appetiser for any occasion!
Not only are these stuffed mushroom SUPER delicious, this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good! Even non-mushroom lovers LOVE these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms in a cream cheese dip!
Juicy and meaty on the outside, while creamy and full of flavour on the inside, WITH LOW CARB options!
I’m not kidding when I say these are FILLED with a mouthwatering and unique flavour. The flavours in the cream cheese dip alone will stimulate all of your senses. A touch of garlic, a hint of white wine, slice green onion. YES! Perfect flavours!
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Try to find white mushrooms big enough to hold the stuffing. Keep in mind mushrooms will reduce in size quite a bit, so the bigger you find them, the better!
- White or brown mushrooms can be used in this recipe.
- Wash and pat your mushrooms dry with sheets of paper towel. Drying is important as it will reduce the amount of liquid released while baking.
- Once you have them all stuffed, use a baking sheet or dish with sides so any liquid released does not get leaked in your oven.
- Make sure they are in single layer, NOT piled on top of each other, when they go in the oven. You want them to cook evenly.
What can you stuff mushrooms with?
- You can use mild, hot or sweet Italian sausage. You could also use chicken, OR YOUR favourite sausage in these! Just remove the casings and break them up to crumble them while frying.
- White wine can be substituted with broth, or just leave it out completely. Having said that, the wine adds incredible flavour!
- Garlic. Add MORE if you like!
- Green onions
- Cream cheese and sour cream make these stuffed mushrooms ever so creamy!
- Parmesan cheese: you can substitute parmesan with Gouda, mozzarella, or another cheese you like.
- For a low carb option, leave out the breadcrumbs all together! You could substitute them with almond meal, but it is not necessary.
- If you find you have left over stuffing mixture, use it to stuff mini bell peppers OR serve with crackers!
How Long Do You Cook Stuffed Mushrooms?
Cook them (or bake them) for 20 minutes, or until beginning to brown, then I like to sprinkle extra parmesan on top before baking for a further 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melty.
Also, I broiled these for an extra 2 minutes to get those crispy golden edges!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
These stuffed mushrooms are just incredible! With every bite, you get the crunch on the outside thanks to broiling the parmesan, then the soft and creamy inside, PLUS the added juicy texture of that fleshy and meaty mushroom.
Good luck getting them out to your guests without trying one first! It won’t happen.