Awfully Good Waffles
Member recipe by tipsy1
A really good recipe for delicious light waffles, specially for electric waffle makers.
- 250g Flour (plain)
- 7g Baking powder
- 20g Caster sugar
- 5g Salt
- 475ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- Weigh all the dry ingredients, place in a large mixing bowl. Break the eggs into the milk and beat the mixture.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Add the oil and mix all ingredients together until all the large lumps have been broken up. Do not over mix otherwise the waffles will be heavy when cooked.
- Pre heat the waffle maker and spray with oil (1 cal spray works well).
- Pour 3/4 of a cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve hot with maple syrup. Also good served with sliced banana or blueberries.
- Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated up in the toaster. Unused batter mixture can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
You may also like
Cheese, bacon & onion puff
Chickpea fritters with courgette salad
Black & white brownies
Honeycomb ice cream
Banana, pecan & bourbon self-saucing pud
Basic tempura batter
Comments, questions and tips
New BBC Good Food app
Download our free new app to search, save and sort your favourite recipes and get inspiration on the go.
Skills & know how
As well as helping you decide what to cook we can also help you to cook it. From tips on cookery techniques to facts and information about health and nutrition, we’ve a wealth of foodie know how for you to explore.
About BBC Good Food
We are the UK’s number one food brand. Whether you’re looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we’re here to help.
All our recipes are tested thoroughly by us to make sure they’re suitable for your kitchen at home. We know many of you are concerned about healthy eating, so we send them to a qualified nutritionist for thorough analysis too.
Tell us what you think…
Love the new look or think we’ve missed the mark? We want to hear your thoughts – good and bad – to make sure we make the new website as useful as possible.
Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine and get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month.
Discover a BBC Good Food Show near you.
See your favourite chefs on Sky Channel 133, BT 313 and find their recipes at goodfoodchannel.co.uk
Join the BBC Good Food community by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google Plus.
This website is published by Immediate Media Company Limited under licence from BBC Studios Distribution.
© Immediate Media Company Limited, 2019